Spring and the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival go hand-in-hand, and that means in addition to spotting over 90,000 flowering trees across the city, folks can soon enjoy the festival’s most important fundraiser, Sakura Night.
Sakura Night, not unlike many other big events, has gone virtual this year. But, that doesn’t mean it’s going to be any less delicious than year’s prior when the non-profit gala was in full swing.
This year Sakura at Home will celebrate the diversity of local celebrated chefs and restaurants on April 25.
Exclusive takeout meals inspired by cherry blossoms will be up for order for the special night. Here’s the full list:
- Paul Moran of Wild Origins (Winner, Top Chef Canada, 2019)
- Andrea Carlson of Burdock & Co. (Vancouver Magazine’s 2020 Chef of the Year)
- Will Lew of Nootka Marine Adventures resorts on Vancouver Island, with Clement Chan (Represented Canada at the World Culinary Olympics)
- Salmon n’ Bannock Culinary Team – (Vancouver’s only Indigenous restaurant)
- Vikram Vij and Meeru Dhalwala of Vij’s Restaurant
- Kazuhiro Hayashi of Miku Waterfront
You can get your tickets for Sakura at Home online. Each ticket includes one of the feature meals with the exception of Wild Origins, which will deliver a Cook-Along with Chef Paul Moran meal kit for four.
It’s advised that meals are ordered as soon as possible so you can ensure you get the unique meal you want to enjoy during the festivities.
- See also:
During the virtual event, participants can enjoy a performance by the Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra music director and conductor Ken Hsieh on Vancouver House’s flying Fazioli piano.
Bard on the Beach Artistic Director Christopher Gaze will also be reading winning poems from the 2020 Haiku Invitational.
In addition to those performances, people will be able to enjoy the world premiere of In Full Bloom, a short film by Patrick Weir of Peacemaker Filmworks. After the film, Weir will explain how he used drones to capture the beauty of the cherry blossoms.
Be sure to get your tickets to this celebration while you can, Vancouver!
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival 2021