Every November 11 Canadians across the country take time to pay their respects to our fallen soldiers.
Vancouver will be hosting multiple ceremonies throughout the city for residents to attend, along with implementing some changes to city services on Sunday, November 11.
Here is what is open and closed in Vancouver on Remembrance Day.
- Safeway (regular hours)
- Save-On-Foods (regular hours)
- No Frills (regular hours)
- Whole Foods (regular hours)
- Superstore (regular hours)
- City Market (regular hours)
- Urban Fare (regular hours)
- Walmart (regular hours)
- Costco (regular hours)
- BC Liquor stores (open but with reduced hours)
- Private liquor stores (hours vary depending on store, check websites for details)
- Pacific Centre Mall (open from 11:05 am to 7 pm)
- City Square (open from noon to 5 pm)
- International Village ( open from 10 am to 1o pm)
- Kingsgate Mall ( open from 11 am 5 pm)
- Oakridge (open from 11:15 am to 6 pm)
- Park Royal (open from 11: 15 am to 6 pm)
- Metrotown (open from 11:05 am to 7 pm)
- Carnegie Reading Room (regular hours)
- Post offices operated privately may be open if the host business is open, otherwise all Canada Post offices are closed.
- All banks are closed on Remembrance Day
- All library branches, except the Carnegie Reading Room
- All government offices closed
- Some community centres in Vancouver are closed (check this list for exact times)
- Some fitness centres in Vancouver are closed (check this list for exact times)
- Kensington and Renfrew pools are closed
- Canada Post is closed, except privately operated post offices which will open according to the hours of the host business.