Earlier today, a rainfall warning was re-issued for the Metro Vancouver area.
The warning is in effect for:
- Metro Vancouver – northeast, including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
According to Environment Canada, the warning is due to an “intense frontal system” that’s expected to bring heavy rain to parts of the province this morning.
The showers are predicted to continue overnight with varying amounts from 15 to 40 mm.
Drivers are asked to use their lights, reduce speed, and maintain a safe following distance, as visibility will likely be affected.
There’s also a possibility for localized flooding, as well as possible washouts near rivers, creeks, and culverts.
- More Canadians are planning on taking a winter vacation this year
- Senate passes legislation to end country-wide Canada Post strikes
- Improvised pipe gun, body armour seized during raid on Surrey house