Update: Another special weather statement has been issued by Environment Canada calling for up to 40 mm of rain and isolated thunderstorms in parts of Metro Vancouver.
It’s gonna be a super soaker. ☔️
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement early Tuesday morning ahead of a deluge of rain expected on BC’s South Coast.
The agency says a low pressure system heading to Vancouver Island Wednesday will translate into widespread rain on the coast, starting Wednesday night and into Thursday evening.
Rainfall amounts may reach 50 mm over parts of Metro Vancouver, especially over the North Shore mountains, as well as Howe Sound.
Here’s all the regions where the special weather statement is in effect:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver, Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
So pack those umbrellas today!