Police have issued a public warning notifying the public that a high-risk sex offender will be residing in the Delta area.
According to Delta Police, James Conway was recently released from custody after three convictions for sexual offences against children. Aside from sexually assaulting young female children, his criminal history also includes arson, failure to comply with disposition, and breach of recognizance.
Police say B.C. Corrections has described Conway as an individual who has “maintained a versatile pattern of sexual offending against female children in a predatory and opportunistic matter.”
The 40-year-old man is described as 6 feet 4 inches tall, weighs 276 pounds, has brown hair and blue eyes. He likes to use public transit, although he will not be permitted to travel alone anywhere.
Conway will be under house arrest and monitored by an electronic device. He is not allowed to leave his residence unless accompanied by a case worker.
Some of his court-ordered conditions include:
- Not engaging in any activity that involves contact with persons under the age of 18 years including using a computer system to communicate with a person under the age of 18 years.
- Not engaging in any activities, volunteer work and/or employment that would involve him in a position of trust or authority or involves contact with persons under the age of 18.
- Prohibited from attending or being within any public park, playground or school, child daycare centre, community centre or public swimming area or other sites including churches which offer activities for children under the age of 18.
- Must not consume alcohol or controlled substances or non-prescribed medication.
- May not travel alone on public transit.
- Must not possess any weapons as defined by the Criminal Code except for knives to be used only for the preparation and consumption of meals.
- You will not be found wearing any uniforms, including but not limited to firemen’s uniforms, corrections uniforms, search/rescue uniforms, police uniforms, security guard uniforms, or scrubs, or any patch or insignia that represents these occupations.
- Must advise Probation Officer of any close or intimate relationship with any person.
- May only leave the residence in the company of a case worker.
Anyone who sees Conway violating these conditions is asked to call police immediately via 911.