Family Day in Vancouver means a whole extra day of sleeping in, indulging in late-morning eggs and bacon, and overall just taking it easy.
Oh, yeah, and spending quality time with your loved ones.
Regardless of how you’re planning to take advantage of the long weekend, this guide will come in handy should you run out of milk or choose to leave the house for any other reason on the stat holiday.
As per usual, government offices including Canada Post and City Hall will be closed, along with banks and libraries.
Here’s what’s open — and what’s not — in Vancouver on Monday, February 17:
- See also:
- BC Liquor Stores (some will open with reduced hours; some closed)
- Private liquor stores (regular hours)
The following malls are open (refer to their websites for specific hours):
- All community centres will be closed with the exception of Coal Harbour, Creekside, False Creek, Kensington, Kerrisdale, Kitsilano, Mount Pleasant, Sunset, Trout Lake, West End, and West Point Grey, which will operate under reduced hours
- About half the fitness centres in Vancouver are open (check this list for exact times)
- All golf courses are open
- According to Canada Post, regular collection and delivery of mail occur on Family Day
- With the exception of the Carnegie Branch, all Vancouver Public Library locations will be closed on Family Day.
- Pharmasave (some open with regular hours; some are closed)