New Year's Eve Vancouver 2011 Party Guide
There is no big NYC ball-drop, crazy China fireworks, or even a big countdown in Vancouver. Hell, there won’t even be a single roman candle lighting up the sky (regulations), thanks City of Vancouver. However, there are several spectacular New Year’s Eve locales offering unique and explosive ways to celebrate and party the night away!
Here’s our Top 10 based on our research:
1. Massive Gala 2011 @ Vancouver Convention Centre – hands down the best locale offering breathtaking views. In addition, a 5-star menu, outdoor patio, and decent music. Twenty-two hundred strong, a sure sell-out.
2. Pan Pacific / Shangri La / Renaissance / Fairmont / Marriott – it’s all about dressing well on New Year’s and no better place to do it than in the top hotels in Vancouver. Get your formal clothes to the drycleaners now to avoid the rush, I would suggest.
3. The Boathouse @ English Bay – catered specifically to young professionals, we have a little bias towards this event.
4. Donnelly’s – always up to something at their venues. It seems like they will be having similar events at a few of their venues so I’ve grouped them together.
5. Fetish New Year’s @ Sin City Club 23 West – for the dirrty dirrty in you.
6. Solid NYE @ Pacific Coliseum – this is the largest event of all (4500+ rave) and is also all-ages. Oh yea btw, the party ends at 8am!
7. Heaven @ Gossip – transformed into a Roman “heavenly paradise.”
8. Club Crawl – four clubs, four different parties.
9. Single’s New Year’s @ Hennessey Lounge – the fact the promotion company’s name is “Meet Market Adventures” makes this interesting.
10. Any nightclub/bar in Vancouver – same as any Friday/Saturday night except everyone’s a bit more drunk and the party doesn’t stop till 4am!
Olympus New Year’s @ Celebrities – for the gay crowd.
Big Apple New Year’s @ Mirage – for our suburbanite friends.
Again, New Year’s is a hugely popular event in Vancouver and the lack of a formal City of Vancouver celebration means all the above venues will be packed! I would advise getting your tickets as early as possible.
Have fun, drink lots, and get home safe!