FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
In a bid to stop indecent exposure to automobile emissions, a cheeky event meant to celebrate “creativity and a protest against car culture and dirty energy” returns to Vancouver this month.
And while other cities have already hosted their 2017 event, Vancouver’s Naked Bike Ride Day will take place on Saturday, July 22.
The event kicks off at noon at Sunset Beach Park, with performances and body painting, and the ride itself beginning at 2 pm.
In advance of the event, organizers are offering tips to participants:
- Prepare for riding rain or shine.
- If it’s sunny, put on sunscreen.
- You do not have to be naked to join the ride.
- Wear shoes!
- Keep your clothes with you — you never know when you may need them (like… after the ride)
- Decorate your bike.
- Come with signs and funky hats.
- Cover your bike seat with fake fur.
- Ride safely and stay together as a group.
When: Saturday, July 22
Time: Noon to 6 pm
Where: Sunset Beach Park – 1204 Beach Avenue, Vancouver BC