British Columbia’s stunning scenery doubles as prime filming locations for movies and television shows, and now a new study has broken down the most popular filming locations in the province.
The listing was released by NetCredit, an online financial services provider.
“We’ve identified the ‘that guy’ locations of every country in the world: the landmarks and buildings that have the most movie credits on IMDb,” said NetCredit in a release.
In its method of determining the rankings, NetCredit said it used IMDb Advanced Search to select movies from January 1, 1900, to December 12, 2020, that had data about filming locations.
- See also:
“Then we collected these locations from all the movies in our list and compiled a long list of movie/location pairs,” NetCredit said. “We then counted the number of appearances of each location and separated the locations by countries.”
The most popular filming locations in BC are as follows:
1. University of British Columbia, Robson Square Campus, Vancouver
2. Riverview Hospital, Coquitlam
3. YVR Vancouver International Airport, Vancouver
4. Vancouver Art Gallery, Vancouver
5. Stanley Park, Vancouver
As for the rest of Canada, here’s how some of BC’s best locations stack up with the rest of Canada:
1. Niagara Falls, Ontario
2. Banff National Park, Alberta
3. The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
4. Riverview Hospital, Coquitlam, BC
5. The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
6. Parkwood Estate, Oshawa, Ontario
7. Lower Bay Station, Toronto, Ontario
8. Jasper National Park, Alberta
9. Vancouver International Airport, Richmond, BC
10. Rockwood Conservation Area, Ontario
NetCredit said the data was collected in December 2020.