A Special Weather Statement is calling for possible snowfall in Metro Vancouver.
According to Environment Canada, the statement is in effect for the following areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
“Snowfall possible Monday night as a frontal system approaches with modified arctic air in place for the south coast,” says the weather agency, adding that “modified arctic air” will blanket the south coast as a ridge of high pressure is expected on Sunday.
“A frontal system will arrive over the south coast late Monday afternoon. The front combined with the modified arctic air in place will give potential to produce accumulating snow for neighbourhoods and roadways above 200 metres.”
The system is expected to pass on Tuesday.