An outdoor fitness gym could be added to an East Vancouver park
A revamp of Jones Park in East Vancouver could potentially offer new features that are unique to public parks in the City of Vancouver.
The Vancouver Park Board’s proposed revamp of Jones Park — framed by Commercial Street to the west, the laneway behind 37th Avenue to the north, Victoria Drive to the east, and the laneway behind 38th Avenue to the south — could include adding outdoor fitness equipment to the northwest corner of the park.
Potential equipment being considered include a double chest press, cardio stepper, cycle trainer, cross trainer, free runner, hand bicycle, and leg lift.
Other proposed improvements to the park could entail a new playground and seating areas, a new perimeter walking/running loop, and a new park entrance plaza on Victoria Drive with flexible open space for community activities and events.
A final detailed design will be presented to the Park Board for consideration in the spring of 2019. If approved, construction could begin in the summer.
- Downtown's newest park will have its own hammocks!
- Unique park expansion proposed for space under Cambie Street Bridge
- New skatepark proposed underneath Cambie Street Bridge
- Vancouver releases plans for new 11-acre Northeast False Creek park
- New 3.5-acre park opening at False Creek this weekend (PHOTOS)
- Park Board approves iconic design for 9-acre rooftop park at Oakridge Centre