British comedy legends John Cleese and Eric Idle are coming to Vancouver in October, as part of a new North American tour along the West Coast.
The duo are bringing their Together At Last…For The Very First Time Ever! show to Queen Elizabeth Theatre on October 21.
According to a press release, the show will blend scripted and improvised bits with storytelling, musical numbers, exclusive footage and aquatic juggling.
“No two shows will be quite the same, thus ensuring that every audience feels like they’re seeing Together Again At Last…For The Very First Time, for the very first time,” it reads.
As founding members of Monty Python, Cleese and Idle are renowned for their irreverent, absurdist sensibility – now emulated by comedians around the world.
We suspect the pair may have had a hand in the profiles included in the release.
“[Cleese] served briefly as Minister of Defence in the John Major Cabinet,” it reads. “He recently completed his autobiography So, Anyway… which was described by the Daily Mail as ‘self-obsessed.’
“In his twilight years, John passes his time writing film scripts, giving speeches to business audiences, doing seminars on creativity, teaching at Cornell, paying alimony, and doting on three huge cats and a fish.”
Meanwhile, Idle apparently acts in bad movies, writes annoying songs, and generally never shuts up.
“Long unmemorable as an actor, Eric Idle has trotted out an interminable number of glib performances in funny wigs and a bad moustache,” says the release.
“But it is as a writer that he will be best forgotten.”
Tickets go on general sale on Monday, June 20 but can be unlocked now on Ticketmaster using code COMEDY.
John Cleese and Eric Idle North American 2016 Tour
- Oct 16 – Victoria – McPherson Playhouse
- Oct 17 – Victoria – McPherson Playhouse
- Oct 18 – Victoria – McPherson Playhouse
- Oct 21 – Vancouver – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Oct 26 – Seattle, WA – Moore Theatre
- Oct 27 – Seattle, WA – Moore Theatre
- Oct 28 – Spokane, WA – INB Performing Arts Centre
- Nov 1 – Santa Rosa, CA – Luther Burbank Center for the Arts
- Nov 4 – San Francisco, CA – Golden Gate
- Nov 5 – San Jose, CA – Centre for Performing Arts
- Nov 9 – Thousand Oaks, CA – Civic Arts Plaza
- Nov 12 – Santa Barbara, CA – Arlington Theatre
- Nov 15 – Escondido, CA – California Center for the Arts
- Nov 17 – San Diego, CA – Balboa Theatre
- Nov 18 – Las Vegas, NV – The Venetian
- Nov 19 – Las Vegas, NV – The Venetian
- Nov 21 – Mesa, AZ – Ikeda Theatre
- Nov 22 – Tucson, AZ – Centennial Hall
- Nov 25 – Albuquerque, NM – Kiva Auditorium
- Nov 26 – El Paso, TX – The Plaza Theatre
Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
When: Friday, 21 October, 8 pm
Tickets: On Ticketmaster, priced from $69.50 to $99.50 plus fees, code is COMEDY