The Indian Summer Festival will return to Vancouver again this summer.
Beginning on July 6 and running through until July 15, this year’s event features 22 events, 108 artists and 12 different venue sites.
The Indian Summer Arts Society organizes the Indian Summer Festival every July, to showcase provocative artists and visionaries from Canada, South Asia and beyond.
The theme for this year’s festival is ‘Tales of War and Peace’.
The line-up includes an array of award-winning artists, musicians, and authors.
Guest and presenter highlights include:
- Grammy Award musicians L. Subramaniam and Ernie Watts
- Indian indigenous artist Bhajju Shyam
- Graphic novelist Joe Sacco
- Novelist Kamila Shamsie
- CanLit stars Pasha Malla and Anosh Irani,
- Indian journalist Raghu Karnad,
- Linguist Dr. Anvita Abbi
When: July 6 to 15, 2017
Where: Various venues throughout the city
Tickets: Available online
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of Indian Summer Festival 2017.