FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Vancouver’s highly-anticipated Honda Celebration of Light is set to light up the sky over English Bay for its 28th year this summer.
Kicking off on July 28, the international fireworks show is expected to attract a huge audience this year, after an estimated one million (plus some) people gathered in parks and along beaches near the Bay for last year’s events.
Participating countries confirmed for this year’s festival include; South Africa on July 28, Sweden on August 1, and South Korea on August 4. Each country will be incorporating the same theme, “Love”, into their fireworks display, along with a mesmerizing soundtrack.
- Honda Celebration of Light 2018 fireworks dates announced
- Honda Celebration of Light 2018 participating countries announced
To help make sure you get some of the best viewing seats in the city, as a media sponsor of the Honda Celebration of Light, we’re giving away four tickets to the YVR Observation Deck. The all-ages licensed area has a bar and it’s the perfect spot for groups or families who want to make sure they’ve got comfortable seats for optimum fireworks-watching.
To enter for your chance to win four tickets to the YVR Observation Deck at this year’s Honda Celebration of Light (valued at over $175), do at least one of the following:
1. Follow @celeboflight on Instagram and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a pack of 4 tickets to the #YVRDeck at this summer’s @CelebfLight fireworks via @VancityBuzz https://bit.ly/2k760rh RT to enter!
3. Like Dished Vancouver on Facebook and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on May 31, 2018. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.
Schedule and nations:
- Saturday, July 28: South Africa, represented by Fireworks for Africa
- Wednesday, August 1: Sweden, represented by Unique Pyrotechnic
- Saturday, August 4: South Korea, represented by Daehan Fireworks Co.
Time: 10 pm to 10:25 pm (25-minute duration each night). Rain or shine. Music simulcast on radio station LG 104.3 FM.
Location: English Bay, Vancouver
Tickets: Available via the Honda Celebration of Light
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the Honda Celebration of Light