For those of you with a bit of a wild streak, those of you with a pyromaniac side, and those of you without a budget, here is the article you’ve been looking for all Halloween season.
A good fireworks show is a real anchor for a weekend of festivities. It’s the final blowout after a few house parties and a costume idea gone wrong.
Due to laws surrounding fireworks becoming even stricter over the last year, the pickings are slim – but not so slim.
Here’s a pretty awesome list of fireworks shows available in Metro Vancouver:
Minoru Park Halloween Fireworks Festival
- What: Organized by the City of Richmond, this is far and away Vancouver’s greatest, most professional Halloween fireworks show. In addition to the awesome fireworks, on the ground will be dancing, actors, activities for children, and plenty of other Halloween sideshow creature-people.
- Where: Minoru Park – 7191 Granville Avenue, Richmond
- When: 6:30 to 8:45 pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2017
McLean Park Halloween Fireworks Show
- What: A 15-minute celebration of ‘spooktacular’ fireworks
- Where: McLean Neighbourhood Park – 22500 McLean Avenue, Richmond
- When: 8 pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2017
West Richmond Halloween Fireworks
- What: A 15-minute-long fireworks display.
- Where: West Richmond Community Centre – 9180 No. 1 Road, Richmond
- When: 8:15 pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Halloween 2017 on Commercial Drive
- What: Free pizza at Fomoso for children under 12 years old, trick or treating at businesses along Commercial Drive, kids activities such as face painting and balloon twisting, and a fireworks finale.
- Where: Along Commercial Drive, with fireworks at Grandview Park, Vancouver
- When: 12 pm to 8 pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 (fireworks finale at the end of the night)