The cherry blossoms are blooming, the birds are chirping, and the days are getting longer. This can only mean one thing…beach season is just around the corner. While some of you are day dreaming of white sand and a glowing tan, many of us are dreading slipping into those two itsy-bitsy pieces of fabric, also known as the bikini.
Ladies, it’s time to prepare! With that in mind, I’ve come up with a tasty way to satisfy those chip cravings- and with less than half the fat! What on earth could be as good as potato chips and be guilt free?
It’s Kale Chips!
If you haven’t made these before you are missing out. This light, crispy and pleasantly salty snack is the perfect treat for a junk-food fanatic getting ready for the beach days coming.
Guilt Free Kale Chips (Serves 3-4)
1 head of kale ( I used beautiful purple kale)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Separate the leaves and wash the kale thoroughly in cold water. Pat dry (easiest done with paper towel).
3. Slice out the tough center stem, then tear the leaves into bite size pieces. Toss onto a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil & season with sea salt. Massage the pieces until coated. Spread them evenly (single layer) in pan.
4. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned & crispy.
5. Once ready, remove from oven & transfer to a cooling rack.
How easy was that!? There is no fearing beach season now.