Fright Nights are returning to Playland this October, bringing hauntings, horror, and hair-raising rides to Vancouver for another year.
The Fright Nights season begins on Friday, October 6, and will culminate in one hell of a Halloween night celebration on October 31.
This year, there will be eight haunted houses for you to explore (if you dare):
- Asylum – deranged doctors return from the dead
- The Bloodshed – meet a family of mutated murderers
- Darkness – within these walls lurk creatures born of pure evil
- Fear – come face-to-face with your innermost nightmares
- Haunted Mansion – meet the destructive descendants of the Van Horn family
- Keepers Doll Factory – cloaked men harvest human limbs from sacrificial victims
- Hollywood Horrors – hidden in the shadows lies a cannibalistic genius
- Car-N-Evil – clowns.
And you’ll also be able to brave 20 rides – five more than last year:
- Break Dance
- Bug Whirled
- Crazy Beach Party
- Dizzy Drop
- Hell’s Gate
- Merry Go Round
- Music Express
- Pirate Ship
- Tea Cups
- The Beast
- Wave Swinger
- Westcoast Wheel
- Wooden Roller Coaster
If you need a break from all that, you’ll be able to catch comedy act Monsters of Schlock performing their slapstick stunt show on most Friday Nights.
But as usual, there’ll be a bedtime boogyman, creepy clown, demented doctor, demon doll, and an actual demon roaming the grounds – so watch where you’re going!
When: Select dates between Friday, October 6 and Tuesday, October 31
Time: 7 pm to midnight or 1 am depending on the day
Where: Playland at the PNE – 2901 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
Tickets: Online or at the gate. Also available at Lower Mainland 7-Eleven Stores starting October 4. $25-$105 depending on the date. Online discount available.