From coast to coast Canada’s culinary scene is thriving. In this weekly column, we round up the biggest food news from across the country each week.
See what your fellow Canadians are hungry for right here:
- A Vancouver Chef has come away victorious at the annual Hawksworth Young Chef Competition. Connor Sperling, the Chef de Partie at Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar has been named the 2017 Top Young Chef of Canada.
- Alberta restaurants dominate enRoute magazine’s annual list of Canada’s top new restaurants for 2017. It’s an especially big win considering Alberta had no eateries make the 2016 list.
- Montreal just got new taqueria named for the US president. The offering are being billed as the “BEST TACOS IN CANADA, BELIEVE ME, AMAZING.”
- American chain The Cheesecake Factory has announced the opening date for its first Canadian store. Toronto is ecstatic over the incoming restaurant opening at Yorkville Mall in November.
- One of Toronto’s hottest chefs is opening yet another restaurant. Grant van Gameren is adding to his empire of restaurants with a new Mexican spot called Quetzal.