After suspending operations in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, FlyOver Canada has announced it will reopen to the public, beginning on June 18.
“We have worked diligently to redesign a visitor experience that ensures the safety of our guests, staff and surrounding community,” said Lisa Adams, vice president of FlyOver Attractions by Pursuit, in a release. “With travel limited this summer, we offer a unique way for guests to immerse themselves in flight across dramatic and stunning landscapes in both Canada and Iceland, all without leaving the city.”
The attraction’s reopening will follow the provincial government’s approach on relaunching and will include “rigorous” cleaning, physical distancing, and training protocols.
“As we prepare to reopen our doors we want to provide guests with an increased level of assurance that when they are ready to visit us, they can do so with confidence knowing that we have their utmost safety in mind,” said Adams.
- See also:
Other safety measures will include:
- The implementation of reduced guest capacity with empty seat separation between groups and families to ensure appropriate social distancing;
- A full sanitization of the ride between guests;
- Hand sanitizer stations placed at all property entrances, public spaces, and near washrooms;
- Personal protective equipment provided to all staff;
- Ensuring each small group has a Flight Guide at all times to make sure social distance rules are being considered.
Adams noted that the attraction will also be offering “attractive rates for both individuals and families with children over the next few months, in addition to flexible cancellation policies, to ensure our guests are able to book with confidence.”
FlyOver Canada will also reintroduce FlyOver Iceland to this summer’s flight ride lineup. The experience, which opened in Reykjavik last August, provides guests with an exhilarating flight simulation over some of Iceland’s most iconic natural wonder and picturesque scenery. FlyOver Iceland will run at FlyOver Canada from June 18 to August 31.
More information on FlyOver Iceland programming and reopening specials can be found online.