8 things to do in the Fraser Valley in July
Things are heating up around the Fraser Valley this summer, with festivals, farmers’ markets and more festivities.
Here’s a look into what’s going on in Surrey, Langley and Abbotsford this July.
Cloverdale Farmers’ Market
A popular weekly flea market offering a wide range of hand-made crafts, collectible items, fresh produce and a vibrant community of vendors.
- When: Every Sunday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Cloverdale Fairgrounds, Surrey
- Website: www.cloverdalemarket.ca
Gone Country Outdoor Concert
A huge outdoor concert featuring Blackjack Billy and Tebey. Every penny raised is donated to help fight cancer.
- When: July 25, 2 to 11 p.m.
- Where: Bill Reid Millennium Amphitheatre Park
- Cost: Tickets are $39.99 and can be purchased through the website. Must be 19+ to attend.
- Website: twinscancerfundraising.com
Enjoy an afternoon of creativity at Stewart Farm. Bring your own project and scenery, tea and lemonade will be provided.
- When: Every Sunday, noon to 3.30 p.m.
- Where: Historic Stewart Farm – 13723 Crescent Road
- Cost: By donation
- Info: Call 604-592-6956 or visit www.surrey.ca
Aldergrove Summer Farmers’ Market
A weekly Saturday market featuring local B.C. farmers, food vendors, fresh produce and artisanal crafts from the Okanagan and Fraser Valley.
- When: Every Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: 27083 Fraser Highway
- Website: aldergrovefarmersmarket.com
Enjoy live entertainment and watch hundreds of Monarch Butterflies get released into the sky at this 2nd annual event.
- When: July 4, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Where: Krause Berry Farms & Estate Winery
- Cost: $20 donation to release your own butterfly
- Info: Register at Langley Lodge, Langley Hospice Society or Krause Farm, or call 604-530-1115.
- Website: www.langleyhospice.com
Prospera Valley Granfondo
Experience an incredible cycle through the Fraser Valley and raise money to support local youth cycling programs. Routes are 50km, 88km or 160km.
- When: July 19
- Where: Fort Langley
- Cost: Tickets start at $155
- Info: Sign up online at valleygranfondo.com. Registration closes on July 12.
Jam in Jubilee
An outdoor summer concert series & art market with handpicked artists, stage acts and artisan vendors.
- When: Every Thursday from July 9 to July 30 at 6 p.m. onwards
- Where: Jubilee Park
- Cost: Free!
- Website: jaminjubilee.com
Yoga for Kids
A fun, play-based program centered around music, awareness, flexibility and strength. Suitable for ages 4 to 6.
- When: July 27 to July 30, 10.30 to 11.30 a.m.
- Where: Promontory Heights Elementary School
- Cost: $45
- Info: Call 604-858-2999 or register online at www.phecsa.ca