The thing about Canada’s glorious culinary landscape is that you can’t eat it all at once. However, for one incredible night during the 2016 EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival, you can certainly come close.
The Harvest event, which takes place on Thursday, October 6 at the Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel Ballroom, will bring together 18 of Canada’s top chefs for an indulgent evening of food, drinks, and fun.
- EAT! Vancouver 2016: Food festival returns with new format, focus
- Vancouver named one of the world's top food destinations
- Save room for dessert: Vancouver's pastry scene has never been so sweet
Timed perfectly to align with the bountiful fall harvest we gather at tables to honour coast to coast for Canada’s Thanksgiving, Harvest’s guests will be able to relax, mingle, and taste, taste, taste from the cornucopia of food offered up by outstanding chefs from coast to coast.
An evening worth getting a little dressed up for, the Harvest event will be the most delicious cocktail party Vancouver has seen in some time–and no one will dare leave hungry. Guests can wander from station to station, eating tapas-sized bites from the gathered culinary talent made in celebration of Canada’s fall ingredients–and get to chat with the chefs themselves.
Headlined by acclaimed Food Network host and cookbook author Chef Michael Smith, the roster of food stars is pretty dazzling:
- Chef Ryan Murphy of AnnaLena (Vancouver)
- Chef Pino Posteraro of Cioppino’s (Vancouver)
- Chef David Gunawan of Farmer’s Apprentice (Vancouver)
- Chef Sean Reeve of The Mackenzie Room (Vancouver)
- Chef Angus An of Maenam (Vancouver)
- Chef Jack Chen of Royal Dinette (Vancouver)
- Chef Quang Dang of West (Vancouver)
- Chef Alessandro Vianello of Wildebeest (Vancouver)
- Chef Ned Bell of OceanWise/Vancouver Aquarium (Vancouver)
- Chef Mandell Hitzer of deer + almond (Winnipeg)
- Chef Wayne Morris of Boralia (Toronto)
- Chef Nick Liu of DaiLo (Toronto)
- Chef Matt Blondin of Omaw (Toronto)
- Chef Antonio Park of Park (Montreal)
- Chef Carl Heinrich of Richmond Station (Toronto)
- Chef Dave Mottershall of Loka (Toronto)
- Chef Rob Gentile of Buca (Toronto)
But perhaps best of all is that an evening like this is also about making sure no one goes hungry. Proceeds from Harvest will go to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
Tickets are $115 (plus tax) and are available online.
When: Thursday, October 6, 2016
Time: 7 to 9:30 pm
Where: Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel Ballroom, 1133 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
Tickets: $115 (plus tax), available online
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | #eatbuzz
Daily Hive is proud to be the exclusive media sponsor of EAT! Vancouver 2016