Just before the man made fireworks on Saturday the Delta Aquarid Meteor showers will light up the night sky. They started last night and are expected to peak tomorrow night. Of course, the question on everyone’s mind is where is the best place to watch the meteor shower? Well, I rarely say this, if you really want to see the meteor shower for once it may be worth going to the valley. The city lights are no good for meteor watching.
The Best Places to Watch the Perseid Meteor Shower in Vancouver:
- Aldergrove Lake Regional Park (map): Come to the Park with a tent, flashlights, warm clothes and a snack to enjoy this spectacular nighttime show.
- Gordon MacMillan Southam Observatory, Vancouver (map)
- Iona Beach Regional Park, Richmond (map). However, the gates close at 10:00pm. It is considered one of the best locations in the Lower Mainland to stargaze, thus is the perfect place to watch the Delta Aquarid.
- Cypress Provincial Park lookout (map) | Look at the night sky from one of the regions highest points!
- Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area (map) | View from Burnaby’s highest point!
- Dark Sky Park aka McDonald Park in Abbotsford (map)