So midterms are winding down, and you’re probably ready to either celebrate your success, or mourn your failure. Either way you’re going to want to drink, relax, and be completely unproductive for at least a few days.
To save you some much needed brain power, here’s a list of things you can do to de-stress before paper season begins.
- What: It’s the same thing you’ve probably been doing during midterms, only now it’s acceptable rather than a stressful, destructive habit.
- Where: Anywhere with good wifi
- When: Anytime, but preferably all day long- after all you need to chill
- How Much: $10/month, or more likely free if you still have your ex’s login info saved on your computer. Mwahahaha.
- What: A great way to spend an evening with friends after a long few weeks of solitude and social deprivation. Enjoy a lengthy tour around town, or just stop in at one or two breweries.
- Where: Storm, Parallel 49, Powell Street, Don’s Craft Brewing, Callister Brewing, Bomber Brewing, Odd Society Spirits.
- When: 2 pm to 11 pm at most breweries
- How Much: As cheap or expensive as you please, but more likely than not pretty expensive because you’re ready to get lit.
- What: A guided form of meditation that will help you quiet your mind and rest from the constant dread that paper season is coming up.
- Where: Anywhere you like, but for extra relaxation try it in your bath tub. Guided audio sessions are available here.
- When: Whenever you god damn please
- How Much: Free!
- What: A deep tissue massage, float session, facial, or whatever your little heart desires. After all, you’re halfway through the term, you deserve to treat yo’self.
- Where: Various locations around Vancouver.
- When: By appointment
- How Much: Around $5o/treatment
- What: An hour-long yoga class that focuses on helping you relax and increase feelings of positive well-being. Basically your chance to learn to tune out the impending news that you flunked your Chem midterm.
- Where: The fitness studio at the Lorne Davie Complex.
- When: Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30 am to 10:20 am.
- How Much: Free to students
- What: A room full of avid ping pong enthusiasts and all the necessary paraphernalia. A little healthy competition is suppose to lower your stress levels right?
- Where: SFU Surrey Campus, Room 3330.
- When: Mondays 3 pm to 6 pm, Wednesdays 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm, and Fridays 1:30 pm to 5 pm.
- How Much: Free to students!
- What: A fully DJ’ed light display that will transform Lee Square into a digital playground. Bring back the glory days of elementary school with games including hopscotch and four squares.
- Where: Outside the UBC bookstore.
- When: Tuesday February 28 5 pm to 7 pm.
- How Much: Free to all!
- What: An art therapy session that includes stories about art and mental health, as well as snacks!
- Where: Buchanan Block D building.
- When: Wednesday March 8, 6 pm to 8 pm.
- How Much: Minimum $3 donation
- What: A fun way to stay active and unwind after class.
- Where: New West Campus Gym and Pinetree Community Centre Gym 3.
- When: Tuesdays 6:30 pm to 8 pm at the New West Campus and 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm in Coquitlam
- How Much: Free for students