The highly-anticipated Curry Cup returns to Vancouver next month for its sixth year of curry mania.
This annual event will go down on March 11 at Heritage Hall on Main Street, where seven chefs and three culinary instructor-led student teams will compete to see who has created the most outstanding curry of the evening.
- There's a Japan Food Fair happening in Vancouver on March 3
- All the winners of the 2019 Diners’ Choice Awards revealed
- John Cena just declared this Vancouver restaurant his favourite in Canada
- Inside Sing Sing, Vancouver's new late-night beer and pho joint (PHOTOS)
Attendees of the Curry Cup can enjoy samples of each curry, Bacardi cocktails, wine from Peacock & Martin Imports, R&B Brewing and Bick Rock Brewery beer along with Uno Gelato for a sweet finish.
This event benefits not-for-profit society Project Chef, a program that teaches children and their families about healthy food.
Here is the full list of participants for the Curry Cup 2019.
- Tim Evans, The Cascade Room
- Trevor Bird, Fable Diner
- Henry Roca, Tocador
- Alvin Pillay, Donnelly Group
- Felix Zhou, Heritage Asian Eatery
- Roy Flemming, Tuc Craft Kitchen
- Brian Fowke, Vancouver Lawn and Tennis Club
- Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver (NWCAV)
- Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts (PICA)
- D.I.C.E.D. Culinary
When: March 11 from 6:30 to 9 pm
Where: Heritage Hall – 3102 Main Street, Vancouver
Price: $59-$69; buy online