The highly-anticipated Curry Cup returns to Vancouver next month for its fifth year of curry craziness.
This annual event will go down on March 13 at Heritage Hall on Main Street, where eight chefs will compete to see who has created the most outstanding curry of the evening.
Attendees of the Curry Cup can enjoy samples of each curry, beer from R&B Brewing, donuts from Cartems, and cocktail and wine samples.
- Get FREE poke bowls at Westcoast Poké's grand opening this month
- You can go speed dating at this Cat Cafe in Vancouver
- Clover Valley Beer Festival 2018 to kick off this summer in Surrey
The competition will be judged last year’s winner Felix Zhou (Heritage Asian Eatery), and past winner Taryn Wa (Savoury Chef), Tim Pawsey (Vancouver Courier), Vikram Vij (Vij’s Restaurant), and Harry McWatters (Encore Vineyards).
The full lineup of competitors has been announced and they include chefs from across the city.
Here is the full list of chefs participating in the Curry Cup 2018.
- Elizabeth Bryan, Dock Lunch
- Shelome Bouvette, Chicha
- Andrea Carlson, Burdock and Co.
- Tim Evans, The Cascade Room
- Karl Gregg, Colony on Main
- Mark Hills, Hills Foods
- Alana Peckham, Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver
- Alessandro Vianello, Gooseneck Hospitality
When: Tuesday, March 13, 2018, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
Where: Heritage Hall – 3102 Main Street, Vancouver
Price: $60 to $69; buy via Eventbrite