Officials with Fraser Health confirmed on Thursday that a staff member at a long-term care facility in Burnaby has now tested positive for coronavirus.
In a statement, Fraser Heath said the person is a staff member at the George Derby Centre – a long-term care facility owned and operated by George Derby Care Society.
Officials said the staff member is currently in self-isolation at their home.
- See also:
In the meantime, “enhanced control measures” have been put in place at the site, and Fraser Health said it is working with staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
The following measures have also been “proactively” implemented:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility
- Staff and resident movement in the facility has been restricted
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced
- Residents, families and staff are being notified
- Twice-a-day screening of all staff and residents
“During this time, Fraser Health has additional presence at the site to take any further actions required and to support the facility,” the health authority said. “This includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.”