Canada’s The Philosopher Kings will be headlining Coquitlam’s free Kaleidoscope Arts Festival, which will take place on August 11, at Town Centre Park.
The free event returns to Coquitlam for the third year offering a full day of activities, artisans, and entertainment.
This year’s event will feature two stages including concerts by pop singer Mathew V and high-energy violinist Kytami.
Food trucks will be on site cooking up some delicious bites and don’t forget to check out the craft beer scene.
The Philosopher Kings took the Canadian airwaves by storm during the 1990s, best known for their 1994 hit single, Charms. After taking a 10-year hiatus, the Juno award-winning band has recently regrouped and is gearing up for the release of their anticipated forthcoming album, Return of the Kings.
Other highlights include:
- Performances by Eagle Song Dancers, the Royal Academy of Bhangra, Ouro, Bukola Balogun, The Kwerks, and Dawn Pemberton
- Handcrafted products, artworks and food items in the artisan market
- Option to participate in the Kaleidoscope Community Art Making project
- Body painting entertainment
- Roving theatrical performers
- Hands-on arts activities
It’s going to be one of the best summer festivals for the family!
When: Saturday, August 11, 2018
Time: 2 to 10 pm
Where: Town Centre Park next to Lafarge Lake-Douglas SkyTrain station
Cost: Free admission