After two months of closure as a result of COVID-19, Club 16 Trevor Linden Fitness announced on Monday that it is reopening to its clients.
In a release, the fitness chain said all of its 11 locations (Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Downtown Vancouver, Langley, Maple Ridge, North Vancouver, Surrey – Central City, Surrey – Newton, South Surrey, Tsawwassen, North Delta, Surrey Fleetwood, and Metrotown) will be resuming normal services.
- See also:
“For over 10 years, Club 16 Trevor Linden fitness has been dedicated to meeting the needs of [our] members, with a focus on creating healthier communities, a motivating environment and making fitness fun,” the chain said in the release.
WorkSafe BC released protocols last week to “provide guidance to employers at fitness and recreational facilities including gyms, yoga and dance studios, and recreation centres.”
Based on these protocols, Club 16 Trevor Linden Fitness said it has come up with the following measures for the safety of its clients:
- Cleaning surfaces with an increased frequency
- Installation of hand sanitizers and additional wipe stations
- Posting signage to remind members of physical distancing practice
- Addition of partitions to front desks and office spaces for extra level of precaution
- New mobile app allowing members to pre-book workouts to avoid overcrowding, and to answer pre-screening questions to reassure the safety of members during a workout session
Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan started on May 19 and allowed certain businesses to open under “enhanced protocols.”