TransLink is adding extended hours and extra services tonight and on Saturday, to coincide with the expected crowds during the Celebration of Light.
“TransLink is encouraging customers to plan ahead by topping up Compass Cards to avoid line ups at Compass vending machines,” said the transit agency in a release. “Compass ticket users can purchase two tickets at once to avoid line ups after the fireworks.”
Extra Transit Police and Transit Security will be on hand as well.
The SeaBus will have sailings every ten minutes between 10 am and 8 pm.
There will also be a number of changes and schedule modifications to a variety of transit routes.
Those routes include:
- 2 Macdonald/Downtown;
- 5 Robson/Downtown;
- 6 Davie/Downtown;
- 23 Main Street Station/Yaletown/Beach;
TransLink is also adjusting its schedule for the Expo and Millenium SkyTrain Lines as well as the Canada Line:
- Expo and Millennium Lines will run more frequently throughout the evening, with the last scheduled train leaving Waterfront Station at 1:16 a.m;
- Canada Line will provide rush hour level service the entire evening, with every train in service following the fireworks;
- SeaBus will have sailings every 15 minutes between 10 am and 8 pm. Sailings every 15 minutes will continue until about 12:15 a.m.
- Bikes will not be allowed on the SkyTrain after 10 p.m. on event days. Passengers can board with bikes after the crowds clear.
A full list of modified transit schedules and alerts can be found here:
- United Kingdom to 'Kiss The Sky' at Honda Celebration of Light tonight
- Wildfire smoke could affect tonight's visibility of Honda Celebration of Light
- Port officials stress boater safety ahead of Honda Celebration of Light
Daily Hive is a Proud Media Partner of the 2017 Honda Celebration of Light