It’s one of Metro Vancouver’s most popular outdoor attractions, and now the Capilano Suspension Bridge is set to reopen to the public for daily operation on Friday, June 19.
The North Vancouver destination will be open from 9 am to 6 pm daily, with plans and procedures are in place to welcome back guests for “a thrilling and safe” experience.
“Safety is always our first priority and we want to make sure you and your family’s visit is the safest it can be,” said Capilano Suspension Bridge spokesperson Stacy Chala. “We are so excited to be reopening the park and to be bridging you safely back to nature.”
- See also:
Staff with the park have also outlined what new policies and procedures at the park will look like, some of which include:
- Tickets and Annual Passes can now be prepurchased online, and will be date and time specific to limit the number of guests in the Park at any one time.
- To ensure physical distancing and sanitization standards are maintained, new COVID-19 related safety signage features Scout, the safety squirrel, throughout the park.
- Guests will explore the Park in a one-way direction. Suspension Bridge traffic will alternate regularly.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in multiple locations throughout the Park, including all attractions. Increased sanitization practices are in place.
- Guests may not enter the Park if they display any symptoms of COVID-19.
Staff also noted that Capilano Suspension Bridge Park BC Annual Pass holders will have the exact amount of time left on their passes as they did March 17, 2020. No days will be lost. Existing BC Annual Pass holders will also be required to book a date and time for their visit by clicking on BC BOOK TIME.
And in an effort to “enhance” the park experience, staff said the park will feature live music, Raptors Ridge Birds of Prey, and a new Kids’ Rainforest Explorer app, which will be available for download on mobile devices.
Beginning on opening day, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park will again be offering its free shuttle from and to downtown Vancouver every 30 minutes. Physical distancing measures will be in place with restricted seating.
More information on the reopening can be found online, or by calling 604-985-7474.