As smoke from wildfires south of the border continues to blanket Metro Vancouver, as well as other areas of BC, Canada Post said Monday it is suspending deliveries in the region out of concern for its employees.
“We are suspending delivery for the day and not sending our delivery agents out as conditions have made it unsafe,” the postal service tweeted.
- See also:
In addition to Metro Vancouver, Canada Post is also suspending deliveries in the following regions:
- South Vancouver Island (Duncan, Sidney and Victoria)
- North Vancouver Island (Campbell River and Powell River)
- West Vancouver Island (Courtenay, Nanaimo and Port Alberni)
- Okanagan Valley and Similkameen regions (Kelowna and Penticton)
- Kootenay regions (Cranbrook, Castlegar, Nelson and Trail)
- Thompson, Nicola and Fraser regions (Vernon and Kamloops)
The notice comes at the same time that Vancouver was ranked as currently having the worst air quality in the world, for the second time in just days.