Mental wellness check! How’s your mental health doing?
If you’re anything like 64% of Canadians who are stressed out and worried about new COVID-19 variants potentially around the corner, then it’s possible you could benefit from more support.
View this post on Instagram
The CMHA also made recommendations based on its findings. One of the main ones is that people are using not-for-profit mental health and addictions services delivered by charitable organizations, but their funding is inadequate.
— Katherine Janson (@katherinejanson) March 1, 2022
Here are a few highlights of what the study found:
- 46% of Canadians are stressed or worried about coping with uncertainty.
- 37% of Canadians say their mental health has declined since the onset of the pandemic.
- 36% of Canadians are worried about the compounding effects of climate change on top of COVID-19.
- 8% have had recent thoughts or feelings of suicide.
- 7% of Canadians felt they needed mental health support during the pandemic but didn’t get it.
So if you’ve found your mental health to be impacted in the past two years, then know you’re not alone.