UPDATE at 7:20 pm: Regular service has resumed, but it will take some time for trains to return to regular intervals.
A medical emergency has resulted in severe service disruptions on the Canada Line starting at the tail end of the afternoon rush hour.
Train service has been impacted following a medical emergency at Broadway-City Hall Station, resulting in significant delays across the system. The disruptions began at approximately 5:45 pm.
At this time, there is no train service between Waterfront Station and King Edward Station. Trains are only operating from King Edward Station to YVR-Airport Station and Richmond-Brighouse Station.
TransLink says it is deploying a shuttle bus bridge service between King Edward Station and Waterfront Station:
- King Edward Station
- Northbound: Bay 2 stop 50475 on Cambie at King Edward Ave
- Broadway-City Hall Station
- Northbound: Bay 2 stop 61027 on Cambie at Broadway
- Southbound: Bay 3 stop 50413 on Cambie at Broadway
- Olympic Village Station:
- Northbound/Southbound: Bay 1 stop 61040 on 2nd Ave at Cambie
- Yaletown-Roundhouse Station:
- Northbound/Southbound: Bay 1 stop 50023
- Vancouver City Centre Station:
- Northbound: Stop 61293 on Granville St at Georgia St
- Southbound: Stop 50976 on Georgia St at Granville St
- Waterfront Station:
- Southbound: Stop 58202 on Cordova at Granville St
The delays are expected to continue for some time; there is no estimate on when regular service will resume.
Transit riders depending on the Canada Line are being asked to consider alternate travel options.
As can be expected, these service disruptions do not impact the Expo Line and Millennium Line.
More to come…