These are the malls you may want to avoid when you’re Christmas shopping.
According to the 2017 Canadian Shopping Centre Study conducted by the Retail Council of Canada (RCC), Toronto’s Eaton Centre is the busiest mall in Canada, with 50,100,000 annual visitors.
Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby, BC, and West Edmonton Mall, came in second and third place with 27,967,061 and 27,000,000 annual visitors, respectively.
According to the RCA, CF Toronto Eaton Centre remains as North America’s busiest shopping centre, surpassing the busiest US mall (Ala Moana Shopping Center in Hawaii) by 8 million annual visitors.
“Canada’s busiest malls tend to be in metro regions with a population surpassing 1-million people,” said the RCA in the report.
Top 10 busiest malls in Canada
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre, Ontario – 50,100,000 visitors per year
- Metropolis at Metrotown, BC – 27,967,061 visitors per year
- West Edmonton Mall, Alberta – 27,000,000 visitors per year
- Centre Eaton de Montréal – 24,100,000 visitors per year
- Square One Shopping Centre, Ontario – 23,000,000 visitors per year
- Scarborough Town Centre, Ontario – 22,000,000 visitors per year
- CF Pacific Centre, BC– 21,600,000 visitors per year
- CF Rideau Centre, Ontario – 21,400,000 visitors per year
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Ontario – 18,000,000 visitors per year
- The CORE, Alberta – 16,923,382 visitors per year