West Edmonton Mall is once again the largest mall in Canada.
According to the 2017 Canadian Shopping Centre Study conducted by the Retail Council of Canada (RCC) the massive Edmonton mall is 3,200,000 square feet.
CF Toronto Eaton Centre and Square One Shopping Centre in Mississauga came in second and third place, spanning 2,098,754 and 1,904,595, respectively.
According to the RCC, Canada’s s largest malls are spread out geographically but tend to be in larger metropolitan areas.
West Edmonton Mall is still the biggest mall on the continent. However, three American malls will eventually surpass it in size.
The Mall of America is planning to expand its Bloomington, Minnesota, location as well as build two more malls with over 3 million square feet of retail space in New Jersey and Miami.
Top 10 largest malls in Canada
- West Edmonton Mall, Alberta – 3,200,000 square feet
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre, Ontario – 2,098,754 square feet
- Square One Shopping Centre, Ontario – 1,904,595 square feet
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Ontario – 1,841,961 square feet
- Metropolis at Metrotown, BC – 1,795,326 square feet
- Scarborough Town Centre, Ontario – 1,593,248 square feet
- Park Royal Shopping Centre, BC – 1,501,405 square feet
- CF Carrefour Laval, Quebec – 1,403,947 square feet
- Les Galeries de la Capitale, Quebec – 1,348,381 square feet
- Vaughan Mills, Ontario – 1,270,163 square feet