The BP Roundup: September 30, 2013
With a wide network of bars, clubs, and events, it’s hard to keep up with everything that Blueprint has to offer in this fair city. Here’s your weekly roundup:
10. German producer-turned-pop sensation, Zedd, blew the roof off of The Commodore Ballroom with not one, but TWO sold-out shows this past weekend.
9. Lucky Date, Rebecca & Fiona, UMEK, and Mount Kimbie all played shows at Blueprint venues over Friday and Saturday.
8. Gastown icon, The Charles Bar, recently announced an official partnership with Vancouver International Film Festival in their Dinner and a Movie program.
7. It was announced that Western Canada’s largest music festival, Contact, is making a triumphant return – this time, over two days.
6. Landmark Vancouver event, Eco Fashionweek, is holding several events at Celebrities, The Charles Bar, Bismarck and L.E.D.
5. Chicago-based electronic group, Krewella, are playing a sold-out show at Celebrities this Wednesday.
4. In an incredible blend of genres, Celebrities is putting on a live show with rising hip-hop star, LE1F, this Saturday, followed later that night by Pryda Friends signees Fehrplay and Jeremy Olander.
3. Venue recently announced (as in, earlier today) that they’ll be hosting Washington, D.C. rapper, Wale, on November 14. If rumours stand correct, we can expect to hear two more huge hip-hop announcements from them later this week.
2. Crosstown welcomes a new kid on the block; newly-completed Bismarck celebrated their soft launch on Friday and has replaced the bar we all knew as PIVO.
1. Blueprint’s “Sweet 16” massive with W&W, Nervo, Adventure Club, 12th Planet, Kill Paris and Trevor Guthrie taking place over Thanksgiving weekend is fast approaching and tickets are quite literally flying (okay, maybe they’re only figuratively flying, but we’re excited none the less).