FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Where oh where should the kids go trick-or-treating this year? There are dozens of neighbourhoods in Metro Vancouver just waiting for the little ones to race through with their pillow cases full of candy.
The best neighbourhoods are ones with great walkability, nearby cities and other conveniences, homes with accessible and safe front entrances and streets that offer a connected route for walking. Good Halloween decorations are also a big factor when it comes to trick-or-treating – homes with lots of pumpkins and other decorations tend to attract more kids and make for a more memorable experience.
To help you plan your route, here are the best residential areas in Metro Vancouver for trick-or-treating:
City of Vancouver neighbourhoods
- 2400-2900 Trinity Street, Hastings-Sunrise
- Douglas Park (streets between Oak and Cambie and 16th and King Edward)
- Mt. Pleasant (streets between Cambie and Main, 12th and 16th)
- Riley Park (streets between Cambie and Main, north of Queen Elizabeth Park)
- Dunbar-Southlands (streets off Dunbar between 16th and SW Marine Drive)
- Kerrisdale (streets off West Blvd between 33rd and 49th)
- Arbutus Ridge (streets off Arbutus between 16th and King Edward)
- West Point Grey (streets off 16th Avenue, 10th Avenue and 4th Avenue)
Other Metro Vancouver neighbourhoods
- South of Fraser Highway at 188th Street, Hillcrest (Surrey)
- Queen’s Park, New Westminster
- Lafarge Lake area, Coquitlam
- Starlight and Palmdale, Coquitlam
- Cliffwood and Fernway Dr., Port Moody
Alternatively, many stores at major shopping malls including Metropolis at Metrotown, Oakridge Centre and Richmond Centre are also known for celebrating trick-or-treating.
Do you have any other tips for great areas to trick-or-treat in? Let us know your suggestions in the comments section below.