Want to become a designated accountant but don’t want to spend years in school and don’t have a degree? Consider the Professional Business Accountant (PBA) designation.
The PBAs can work as professional accountants in a variety of settings – from self-employed to in an accounting firm. This designation is recognized across Canada by employers, banks, financial institutions, the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and the Canada Revenue Agency. More than just bookkeeping or payroll – a PBA has a solid understanding of full-cycle accounting. Take your accounting career to the next level with a PBA designation.
Stenberg College has provided 10 reasons why you should consider getting a degree in PBA:
- Nationally recognized accounting designation
- Condensed curriculum: 19 month program
- Hands-on learning: Program includes a three month industry practicum
- Online-based education delivery – learn on your own schedule
- Have existing credentials or prior learning? They may be applicable for education credit towards the PBA Program.
- 2-for-1: Earn your Accounting Technician Certificate (ATC) after 10 months in the program
- Earn While You Learn: After you get your ATC, you can work in industry while completing the PBA Program
- More than just basic bookkeeping – the PBA Program trains you to be a full cycle accountant
- Be your own boss! With a PBA designation, you can start your own accounting company.
- Earn up to $80,000 per year as a PBA
“PBA has opened doors for me in the sense that it has given me the ability to advance in my career. It was my designation that allowed me to get the job I currently hold,” saidMargo Desmarais, PBA Finance Team Lead at University of Alberta.
If you want to learn more about becoming a Professional Business Accountant, come to a free Info Session scheduled for Thursday, October 1, 2015 from 7 to 9 p.m. The session will be held at the Stenberg College Campus at Central City Mall Office Tower (Suite 750 – 13450 102nd Avenue, Surrey).
All attendees will receive a $250 bursary towards the next Professional Business Accountant Program start.
To reserve a seat at this Info Session or to learn more about the Program, click here.