Santa’s not the only one who’ll be travelling this holiday season.
To accommodate for the high volume of travellers expected through late December, BC Ferries has announced more than 160 extra sailings – 130 of which are dedicated to the Tsawwassen – Swartz Bay route, their most popular voyage.
From Thursday, December 20, 2018, to Tuesday, January 1, 2019, BC is adding the following sailings:
- 130 extra sailings for Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay (Vancouver – Victoria) including:
- 6 am departures from Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay on December 26 and 27
- 10 pm sailings from Tsawwassen on December 21 and 28
- 10 pm sailings from Swartz Bay on December 23, 26, and 27.
- Midnight sailings from Tsawwassen on December 26 and 27
- More than 30 extra sailings for Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay (West Vancouver – Nanaimo)
- Six extra sailings on for Horseshoe Bay to Langdale (West Vancouver – Sunshine Coast)
BC Ferries has also warned that Sunday, December 23 is expected to be their most popular travel day before Christmas. Wednesday, December 26 to Friday, December 28 are expected to be the busiest travel dates afterwards.
Passengers are being advised to book in advance and reserve early to guarantee their sailing of choice.
Vehicles with advanced bookings are encouraged to arrive at their respective terminal 30 to 60 minutes before their scheduled departure; walk-on passengers are recommended to arrive 45 minutes before their desired sailing.
- Sold-out Compass wristbands already being resold on Craigslist
- Everything you need to know about new Canucks winger Josh Leivo
- 23-year-old charged with murder in Vancouver senior's death