BC health officials announced 89 new test-positive COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 148,730.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 781 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- See also:
Of the active cases, 53 individuals are currently hospitalized, 15 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
New and total active cases, broken down by health region, are as follows:
- Fraser Health: 30 new cases, 219 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 18 new cases, 263 total active cases
- Interior Health: 37 new cases, 244 total active cases
- Northern Health: One new case, 31 total active cases
- Island Health: Three new cases, 18 total active cases
- Outside of Canada: No new cases, six total active cases
There have been no new COVID-19-related deaths, for a total of 1,763 deaths in British Columbia.
To date, 80.2% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. In total, 6,118,028 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in BC, 2,605,052 of which are second doses.
146,178 people who tested positive have now recovered.