After a highly-anticipated wait, BLOOM, the Abbotsford Tulip Festival, is now back for another season.
Running for its third consecutive year, BLOOM has managed to gather international attention for its eye-catching and mesmerizing mix of colour and beauty.
Over the course of the festival (typically five weeks), an average of 90 thousand visitors gather to see more than 2.5 million tulips in bloom.
Highlights for this year’s event are:
- U-pick tulip fields
- Photo-ops with tulip crowns
- Food trucks on-site
- Photo booths
- Tulip bouquet sales
- Games for children and adults alike
The festival celebrated what it called a “soft opening” today, and it will run “as the blooms last.”
Tickets can be purchased online and due to the popularity of the event, advanced purchases are highly recommended.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults 13 – 64: $10 at the gate or $8 online (weekdays), $25 at the gate or $15 online (weekends)
- Children 3 – 12: $10 at the gate or $5 online (weekdays), $25 at the gate or $10 online (weekends)
- Seniors (65+): $5 at the gate or online (weekdays), $25 at the gate (weekends)
- Magic Hour: $15 at the gate or $13 online (weekdays), $30 at the gate or $25 online (weekends) Provides sunrise access
- Locals Night: $3 at the gate or $2 online on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 3 pm with valid ID
When: April 9, 2018, for as long as the blooms last.
Where: 36737 North Parallel Road, Abbotsford
Time: 9 am to 7:30 pm daily
Tickets: Available online or at the gate.