A new office building at the southwest corner of West Broadway and Oak Street in Vancouver has reached completion.
BlueSky Properties’ 10-storey office building at 988 West Broadway is home to the new Vancouver offices of Industrial Alliance Financial Group, which has leased nine stories and 93,700-sq-ft of office space.
The building — designed by Chris Dikeakos Architects — also has retail space at ground level, now occupied by tenants such as Johnny Rockets and DALINA.
One of the building’s unique design features is its use of View Dynamic Glass technology — a glass technology that controls heat and glare, reduces overall energy consumption and costs, and improves the health and wellness of individuals working inside the building.
These smart windows optimize the amount of natural light to enhance mental and physical well-being without the need for shades or blinds. The application of the technology on this building, the first of its kind in Canada, will result in energy savings of up to 20%, with the amount of sunlight streaming through automatically tinted to block glare.
Up until recently, Industrial Alliance’s local offices were located at 2145-2165 West Broadway, near the intersection at Arbutus Street. This 63,300-sq-ft office complex, located near a future subway station of the Millennium Line’s Broadway Extension, is currently listed on the market for its redevelopment potential.
A future subway station is also slated adjacent to Industrial Alliance’s new office building.
- Industrial Alliance Vancouver office on Broadway near Arbutus up for sale
- New major hotel with 438 rooms proposed for West Broadway near VGH
- New shopping mall considered for growing Broadway-City Hall transit hub
- All Broadway businesses on city-owned block closing ahead of subway construction
- Demolition begins on Cambie and Broadway corner for new office and retail building