FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
It’s that time of year again when the air is brisk, the pumpkins are bright and you feel the strange but urgent need to get lost in a corn maze.
Luckily, you children of the corn don’t have to go very far to find your happy place, with corn mazes cropping up all over the Fraser Valley.
So here’s a list of six awesome corn mazes you’ve got to visit this fall, including one especially terrifying one. Just try to find your way out, please.
This maze, which sits on 17 acres of Bose Farm’s 25 total acres, features a full Vancouver Giant’s design. Get lost in the winding paths of corn. When you find your way out, be sure to visit the farmer’s market or pick the perfect pumpkin.
- When: Until October 8, 2018
Reserved groups Monday – Friday (during the day)
Reserved groups Monday- Thursday (Evenings)
Friday night 6 to 8 pm
Saturday 12 to 8 pm
Sunday and Thanksgiving Monday 12 to 4 pm
- Where: 64th Avenue and 156th Street, Surrey
- Admission: $7, or $25 for a family of four
This Corn Maze has loads of the twists and turns. And if you head down to this nursery in October, you’ll also be able to go on a tractor ride, visit the chicken coop, enter the goat palace, get spooked in the haunted house and then search for the best pumpkin.
- When: Every day
- Time: 9 am to 6 pm
- Where: Port Kells Nurseries – 18730 88 Avenue, Surrey
- Admission: Free.
This corn maze at Laity Pumpkin Patch is perfect for kids at just one acre. On their adventure, they’ll also get to meet the Cornstone family that lives in the maze. As well as the maze, you’ll also find a whole host of pumpkin patch activities happening this October.
- When: September 29 to October 31, 2018
- Time: Weekdays noon to 5 pm, weekends/holidays 9:00 am to 5 pm
- Where: 21145 128th Avenue, Maple Ridge
- Admission: $6
Two families have been operating this corn maze since 1999. Each year, the 12-acre maze gets a new design, and the farm’s range of activities are expanded. This year, you’ll also be able to enjoy a giant jumping pillow, pedal kart track, indoor haybale maze, and a corn box.
- When: Until October 31
- Time: Thursdays, 6 to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday, 11 am to 9 pm, Sundays and holidays, 11 am to 6 pm. Closed Monday to Wednesday
- Where: 41905 Yale Road West, Chilliwack
- Admission: $12.50 at the maze, or $12 in advance online
The Corn Quest Maze at this family-run farm has an air of mystery about it, so don’t get too lost. Organizers say the mystery should take you about an hour to unravel, but if you need more to do, there’s also a pumpkin patch, jumping pillow, zip line and cider press demos.
- When: Open until October 31
- Time: September 1 to Thanksgiving Weekend – open seven days a week 9 am to 5 pm
October 9 to 30 – Sunday to Wednesday ( 9 am to 5:30 pm) Thursday, Friday, and Saturday ( 9 am to 6:30 pm)
October 31 ( 9 am to 5 pm)
- Where: 333 Gladwin Road, Abbotsford
- Admission: $7 for adults, or get a family ticket for $35
Here’s what you’ve all been waiting for – a chance to walk through a cornfield of terror. This haunted corn maze includes creepy clowns, creatures of the underworld, and real chainsaws. And judging by the photo above, you should be very, very afraid.
- When: Select nights throughout September and October. Maze is open until November 3
- Where: 790 McKenzie Road — Abbotsford, BC
- Admission: Available online starting on September 15 at 9 am. Early bird tickets: $20. Regular online tickets: $25. Tickets at the door $30.