You know what’s better than the weekend? A long weekend. So don’t waste away, go out and play. Here is a list of 5 things to do in Vancouver today.
For more fun things to do, visit the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Celebrate the LGBTQ community with the famous Davie Street Block Party. FREE for general attendance but you have to be 19 or older. Wristbands $5.
- Where: Davie Village
- When: Friday, July 31; 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- What: The march begins at 6 p.m. but if you would like to join the group for their walk, they will assemble on Clark Park, E 14th and Commercial Drive. The march will take place north of Commercial Drive, turn east on Grant St, and end at Victoria Park with speeches and performances by community members. Come out and support the trans community!
- Where: Commercial Drive and E 1st Avenue, up Grant street until Victoria Park
- When: Friday, July 31; 6 p.m.
- What: This free 10 day event encompasses everything, movies under the stars, three performance stages, festival food and even an art market. You have 10 days to check it out!
- Where: Harmony headquarters –1564 Argyle Avenue West Vancouver
- When: From July 31 to August 9; times vary.
- What: Beer gardens, 15 food trucks and over 150 vendors, what more could you ask for on a Friday night?
- Where: 15 Wallace Mews, North Vancouver at Shipyards Plaza
- When: Friday, July 31; 5 to 10 p.m. every Friday until September 25
- What: Fridays they extend the Summerfest hours so you get to watch artists paint, listen to local musicians and gorge yourself on delicious food trucks for much longer than the rest of the week.
- Where: Lonsdale Quay Market –123 Carrie Cates Court
- When: Friday, July 31; noon to 8 p.m.