FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, October 21, 2:36pm
Dimensions Art Gallery
Starts at $20.00
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Thu, November 12, 9:00am
East Vancouver at various locations
Thu, October 22, 12:00pm
Starts at $5.00
Sat, November 14, 7:00pm
Norah Dawn Holtby
Starts at $15.00
Congratulations, you made it through another Monday. Get out and do something fun to celebrate – here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, July 5.
Tuesday, July 5
- What: The Evo Summer Cinema Series of free outdoor movies, shown on a four-storey inflatable movie screen starts in Stanley Park this week. This year’s schedule includes Purple Rain, Dirty Dancing, and more.
- Where: Ceperley Meadows (Second Beach), Stanley Park
- When: Every Tuesday from July 5 to August 23, movies start at dusk
- Schedule: Free outdoor movies Vancouver 2016 at Stanley Park schedule
- What: A chance to find out more and tell the City what you think about its plans for Grandview-Woodland area, stretching from Broadway to Burrard Inlet, and from Clark Drive to Nanaimo Street, with Commercial Drive at its heart.
- Where: Croation Cultural Centre, Room A – 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 5, from 5 to 9 pm
- More info: On vancouver.ca, totally free
- What: Two special screenings ahead of the Vancouver Latin American Film Festival later this year. The Amazing Catfish (Mexico) tells the story of a lonely woman taken in by another family, while The Mystery of Happiness (Argentina) is part buddy movie, part detective story, and part romance.
- Where: The Cinematheque – 1131 Howe Street, Vancouver,
- When: Tuesday, July 5, from 6:30 to 10:30 pm
- Tickets: From wannawatch.it/vlaff, priced $12 per film or $20 for both
- What: Direct from Broadway comes Newsies, the smash-hit new musical from Disney. Based on true events, it follows a band of underdogs – the men delivering the papers – who become unlikely heroes when they stand up for what they believe in.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 630 Hamilton Street, Vancouver,
- When: Tuesday, July 5, from 7:30 to 10 pm, through Sunday, July 10
- Tickets: From Ticketmaster, priced $30-$106
- What: Another $5 comedy night regularly featuring Vancouver’s best, as well as the occasional big name who happens to be touring through Vancouver. Hosts Colin Sharp and James Kennedy have clearly been doing this a while, in a good way – the unanimous five star rating on Facebook speaks for itself. Plus, $3.50 beers don’t hurt either.
- Price: $5
- Time: Tuesdays at 9 pm
- Address: 1618 Yew Street