FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
TGIF! It’s finally the end of the week, so celebrate with some pre-weekend festivities (that will also keep you out of the cold).
The legendary Stevie Nicks is performing at Rogers Arena and jazz legend Jerry Granelli will be playing a tribute to the classic Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Stevie Nicks has survived a breakup, addictions, and a bout of big hair in the 80s. Between solo work andFleetwood Mac albums, Nicks has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide and has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 9, at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $35-$150
- What: In this fictional play of writer Kevin Kokoska’s own life, a skinny counsellor-in-training meets his first ever client – a man with a binge-eating disorder. An awkward, often funny journey, of two men who look different, yet feel the same.
- Where: Orpheum Annex – 823 Seymour St, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 9, at 8, and Saturday, December 10 at 2 pm and 8 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $20 – includes post-show Q&A
- What: Take time for peaceful reflection and move into the holidays in a mindful way. This meditation will be held on the beach – let the sounds of the waves speak to you.
- Where: Kitsilano Beach (meet at 1500 Yew Street, Vancouver)
- When: Every Friday at 8 am, through December 23
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Christmas time is Messiah time, of course, and this year it’s the Vancouver Chamber Choir’s turn again to do the honours.
- Where: Orpheum Theatre – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 9, 8 to 10 pm
- Tickets: $20.50 to $55 online
- What: Tales of A Charlie Brown Christmas features jazz legend Jerry Granelli, an original and only surviving member of the Vince Guaraldi Trio, who composed the original Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack.
- Where: Kay Meek Centre – 1700 Mathers Avenue, West Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 9, 9 to 10 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $15 to $38