December is here, the rain clouds are coming, and we might even be seeing some snow in the city. Enjoy a few events to keep the chill away, from classical concerts to a fairy tale land for you and your family!
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: American Indie pop/electronica Mystery Skulls play Vancouver tonight. Lead by talented young gun Luis Dubuc, years of hard work, self-belief, and courage have turned this group into a lean, mean, music machine.
- Where: The Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 4; Doors 7 p.m. / Show 8 p.m.
- What: Not feeling the holiday spirit yet? Maybe a choir will help! This concert brings the glorious vocals and brilliant brass of Gabrieli and Pinkham, with harpist Derek Healey, for an evening of sing-along Christmas classics.
- Where: The Orpheum – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 4; 8 p.m.
- What: Open up the Big Box of Life, and you’re in for a surprise. What’s inside? Who knows, but once it’s open good luck getting it closed again.
- Where: Renegade Theatre – 127 East 2nd Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 4; 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- What: A fairy tale might help to cheer you up on these cold winter nights. Walk through a miniature world of artisan fairy and sprite villages with magical lights, holiday music, and live entertainment.
- Where: Bloedel Floral Conservatory – 4600 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: December 4 to 24; 4 to 9 p.m.
- What: Composer Nick Muhly’s story of Mormon Eliza, who attempts to escape her life as one of five “sister wives,” and save her daughter from the same fate in the process. Muhly is one of North America’s youngest and brightest composers. Watch a legend in the making.
- Where: Vancouver Playhouse – 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 4; 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
This post was written by Mostafa Raziei / Twitter: @SMRaziei