A woman was taken to a hospital to be treated for serious injuries after she was shot in Etobicoke on Sunday afternoon, according to police.
Toronto police said they responded to the area of Dixon Road and Kipling Avenue after receiving reports that a woman had been shot.
- Multiple people suffer gunshot injuries over long weekend in Toronto
- 3 levels of government providing additional $4.5 million to Toronto police to tackle gun violence
- 326 people charged with firearm-related offences are free on bail in Toronto: police chief
When officers arrived at the scene, they located the female victim and she was taken to a hospital to be treated for serious but none life-threating injuries.
Police said they are now looking for a suspect vehicle described as a black SUV.
No other suspect or victim details have been released at this time.
Dixon Rd & Kipling Ave
– female victim being taken to hospital
– injuries appear to be serious but not life threatening
– suspect vehicle reported as a possible black SUV
– officers O/S investigating
— Toronto Police Operations (@TPSOperations) August 18, 2019