As the weekend nears, here’s your guide to what’s closed and what’s being diverted on the TTC.
Because, as we know, repairs are happening throughout the summer on the TTC lines.
And this weekend is no exception. On May 20 and 21, TTC crews will continue installation and testing of the new Automatic Train Control (ATC) signal system, requiring Line 1 Yonge-University to close between St George and Sheppard West (formerly Downsview) stations.
Because of on-street construction around Eglinton West, St. Clair West, and Dupont stations, shuttle buses will run between Sheppard West and Lawrence West stations only. To supplement shuttle service and move customers more efficiently to the Yonge St. side of Line 1, the TTC is doubling service on nine east-west bus and streetcar routes in the closure area.
Surface routes with extra service are:
– 7 Bathurst
– 14 Glencairn
– 32 Eglinton West
– 52 Lawrence West
– 84 Sheppard West
– 96 Wilson
– 109 Ranee
– 127 Davenport
– 512 St Clair
For drivers, parking will be restricted on Lawrence Ave. W. between Allen Rd. and Yonge St., and on Bathurst St. between Bloor St. and Barton Ave.
Dupont and Glencairn stations will be closed. All other stations will be open for fare sales and access to surface vehicles.
During the closure, TTC say that crews will perform essential train testing of the new ATC system between Spadina and Sheppard West stations in preparation for the opening of the Line 1 extension to York Region.
Regular subway service resumes Monday at 6 am, operating on a Saturday schedule due to the long weekend.
The next scheduled subway closures are:
– May 27-28 – Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: St George to Broadview
– June 3-4 – Line 1 Yonge-University: Sheppard West to St George
– June 10-11 – Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: St George to Broadview
Meanwhile on Dundas and Parliament, the 505 and 65 are being diverted until June 6 due to City work.
The routes will divert as follows:
– 505 Dundas streetcars will divert in both directions via Dundas, Bay and College Sts., stopping at College Station, Carlton, Parliament and Gerrard Sts. and at Broadview Ave.
– 505 Dundas shuttle buses will provide service on Dundas and Shuter Sts. and Broadview Avenue, between the intersection of Dundas and Bay Sts. and Broadview Station.
– 65 Parliament buses will divert in both directions via Parliament, Shuter, Sherbourne, Gerrard and Parliament Sts.
Customers must transfer between 505 streetcars and 505 shuttle buses on Dundas St. W. at Bay St., or on Broadview Ave. between Broadview Station and Gerrard St. E.
So be sure to plan ahead this long weekend, Toronto!