Another weekend, another TTC closure.
This weekend, the TTC will be closing a portion of Line 2 Bloor-Danforth between Broadview and St George stations as crews replace beams on the Prince Edward (Bloor) Viaduct.
Shuttle buses will be available and will operate frequently, stopping only at subway stations long the route. Bay station will be closed. All other stations will remain open for the sale of fares.
Buses will not enter Broadview Station; rather, after dropping off customers in front of the station, they will loop east on Erindale and Hurndale Aves., south on Playter Blvd., before continuing west on Danforth Ave, according to the TTC.
Toronto Police will restrict parking on Erindale Ave. between Broadview Ave. and Ellerbeck St. from 3:30 a.m. Saturday to midnight Sunday. No permit parking will be lost due to these restrictions.
Regular subway service on Line 2 resumes Monday at 6 am.
Along with the Line 2 closure, numerous events around Toronto will impact service on surface routes. Here are the planned diversions:
– 6 am – 9 pm: 110 Islington, 501 Queen Bus for the Grilled Cheese Festival
– 8 am – 1 pm: 47 Lansdowne, 505 Dundas for the Portugal Day Parade
– 7 am – 12:30 pm: 5 Avenue, 94 Wellesley, 6 Bay for the Shoppers Drug Mart Run for Women.
– 8:30 am – 10:30 am: Ride to Conquer Cancer – Exhibition WB
– 9 am – 9 pm: 300 Bloor Danforth for Bloor Annex Street Festival
– 8:30 am – 11 am: 5 Avenue, 94 Wellesley, 6 Bay for the T.O Challenge
– 1 pm – 3 pm: 127 Davenport, 29 Dufferin for St Mary of Angels
– 6:45 am – 12 pm: 121 Fort York-Esplanade, 72B Pape for Diva’s Half Marathon
– 10 am – 6:30 pm – 122 Graydon Hall for Nicola’s Kids Triathlon
And for future planning, the next scheduled subway closures are:
– June 17-18 – Line 1 Yonge-University: St George to Sheppard West (formerly Downsview) for ATC work.
– June 24-25 – Line 3 Scarborough: McCowan to Kennedy stations for track, infrastructure and life extension work.
– July 8-9 – Line 1 Yonge-University: Bloor-Yonge to Lawrence stations for track work.